>$^%&#$!!! A few Sunday Links:
– From Baseball-Reference Blog: Do batters rush in the All-Star game?
– Joe Posnanski says 400, 500, and 600 home runs means less than it used to.
– I’m linking to this Book Blog post because I asked the original question. If you pay the $3 a month to Bill James’ website, you can bother him with questions that he usually answers; if you’re lucky, sometimes he’ll even answer without snark. That alone is worth the cost of admission, even if he occasionally declares your statements to be nonsense. When I’m too lazy to figure something out on my own, I’ll see if he knows the answer already. Anyway, James’ site is pay-walled so I won’t bother linking to it, but the Book Blog has the question and answer copied, plus some commentary in the . . . comments, I guess.
– Goodbye John Maine. It was fun while it lasted.
– Gary Matthews Jr. thinks he’s going to get a major league job somewhere. GMJ is probably mistaken.
* * *
The children of the sun begin to awake; their bats, not so much.